Three Day Course
- Tuesday – Thursday
- 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Customer to provide laptop for set up
- Huntsville, AL
- Register with Jennifer Sanchez firstname.lastname@example.org, 602-386-4353
Brockwell Technologies Corporate Office
4930 Corporate Dr. NW, Ste. A
Huntsville, AL 35805-6231
Who Should Attend
Designed for software developers responsible for writing Deos-based applications.
- Experience with C/C++
- General knowledge of software development environments/tools
- Knowledge of embedded applications
- PC with ‘Admin rights’ (i.e., the ability to install software)
- DO-178 familiarity if DO-178 objectives will be applied to the program
What You’ll Learn
- Familiarity with the use of the DDC-I Development Suite (DDS) for Deos development.
- Install and utilize the DDS environment.
- Understanding of the Deos Application Programming Interface (API).
- Develop an application that runs on Deos and utilizes Deos API features.
- Understanding of the development tools and build process.
- Define time and space quota requirements and access control to platform resources using the Deos Integration Tool.
- Compile, link, load, and run executable files.
- Use DDS provided software development tools. For example:
- Debugger (MLD)
- Telnet System Video Streams
- Status Monitor
- Various Deos specific build-time configuration error detection tools.
- Introduction to the Deos Feature Provider, Application Integrator and Platform Integrator roles and responsibilities.
- Understanding of the ARINC653 capability provided with Deos
- Includes the structure of the ARINC653 solution and how it works in the Deos environment as well as adherence to the standard.
- Create an ARINC653 Schedule taking into all the factors involved. For Example:
- Definition and timing of 653 partitions
- Timing and factors that contribute to the time frame configuration
- The ability of use Deos RMA threads with 653 partitions
- Communication services and how to configure Deos to use them. For Example:
- Sampling Ports
- Queuing Ports
- Configuration Tools
- How to configure the Health Monitoring – Architecture of the health monitor and how it handles error conditions in the system. (Configuration, Error Classifications)
- Overview of the SafeMC Technology for multicore including:
- Familiarity with the terminology
- Overview of concerns to address with multicore
- Overview of technology solutions available with SafeMC
- Examples of moving from single to multicore
- Understanding scheduling features including:
- Start/end early
- Interrupt windows
- Understanding memory models including:
- Memory pools
- Cache partitioning